FRIDAY, MAY 20, 2016
Hello all, with Memorial Day coming up a lot of boaters are getting ready for hitting the lake in a couple of weeks.
Here are a few tips to remember before hitching up.
1. Battery - make sure it is charged,
2. Check all fluids, be sure to fill up with fresh fuel, the gauge may say full but it has been sitting for the winter and the octane level has decreased.
3. Do a test start before going to the ramp. Be sure to use motor muffs or have your outdrive in a barrel of water.
4. Check the trailer, air in tires - wooden bunks - tie downs and winch cable
5. Life Jackets - be sure to have a correct size life jacket for each person and a couple of throw cushions.
6. Rope is always very handy to have for lots of things around a boat
7. Cell Phone in case of emergency
8. Water and Snacks in case you have to wait for a tow.
There are many other things to do and bring, this list is not everything but should get you started.
Remember the most important thing to have at the lake: FUN!
Posted 2:02 PM